Assoc Prof David Morgan, OAM
1985 Menzies Scholar in Medicine
Primary and secondary schooling in state schools in Mackay.
Tertiary education at University of Queensland and Oxford:
- MB BS (Hons)
- BSc (Med)
- FRCS Ed (Orth)
Awards and achievements:
1992: ABC Travelling Fellowship
- Director of Queensland Bone Bank
- Core Member, Medical Device Evaluation Committee, Therapeutic Goods Administration, Department of Health
- Chairman, Implantable Medical Device Tracking Subcommittee (TGA)
- Chairman, Hip Prosthesis Clinical Advisory Group, Department of Health
- Chairman, Medical Advisory Committee, Brisbane Private Hospital
- President, Medico-Legal Society of Queensland
- President, Arthroplasty Society of Australia
- Clinical Advisor, Department of Veterans' Affairs
- Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, Brisbane Private Hospital
- Associate Professor in Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Queensland
Book chapter "Revision Hip Arthroplasty" in Oxford Textbook of Orthopaedics and Trauma; 35 papers in refereed journals.
Fellow of Australian Orthopaedic Association
Areas of Professional Interest:
Special interest in disorders of the hip and knee, bone and cartilage transplantation and medico-legal assessments.
Tennis, fishing, boating, surfing.