Calling all Science Entrepreneurs! The 2022 MedTech Actuator Menzies Scholarships are now open.
Each year, MedTech Actuator and the Menzies Foundation award ten high-potential health, medical and biotechnology researchers with the MedTech Actuator Menzies Scholarships, supporting them to develop a career that fuses science, research, and entrepreneurship.
The scholarship aims to support the development of the scientific community’s entrepreneurship and commercialisation capacities. Across an industry-led intensive sprint and mentorship, scholarship recipients will gain an extensive overview of entrepreneurship, the startup ecosystem and the commercialisation process as well as a one-off, $1,000 stipend to aid the commercialisation journey.
Recipients embark on a four-month scholarship from August to November, where they gain knowledge from leading industry experts, work alongside Australia’s emerging healthcare entrepreneurs and receive mentorship from MedTech Actuator.
Program key dates (2022):
- Applications open June 3 – July 15
- Online interviews – August 10
- Scholarships awarded – August 12
- Group learning (online) – from September 1
- Fortnightly coaching (online) – from September 5
- Intensive sprint (Melbourne) – October 25 – 27
- Scholarship breakfast (Melbourne) – October 26
If you’re interested, or if you know someone who might be, read more here and apply today